1. Quote I’m pondering “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it white.” – Bing Crosby
2. I’ve made my yearly Wikipedia donation. I use Wikipedia a lot (including links here on my blog). It’s not perfect, it’s not always 100% accurate, but wow what would we do without it? If Wikipedia has helped you at all this year, consider donating, it’s a non profit and has no other way of existing. You can find donation links here: https://wikimediafoundation.org/
3. The Danes love sweet potato’s, and there’s no shortage of them. I love them to (we all do in the Purvis clan). So we’ve been enjoying this sweet potato smoothie for a while. Unlike white potato varieties, sweet potato is supremely alkaline and doesn’t create gas or wind (phew). Try it and see, the below ingredients serve 2:
1 sweet potato, 2 carrots, 2 oranges – Peel the potato, top and tail the carrots, peel the orange and break into segments, add to the juicer – voila!
4. I’m looking at my list of books to read in 2018 and have found this list of non fiction I’m really looking forward to. Take a look at these 8 books and see if they get your reading buds going too:
5. I’ve been reading this article on stress. Thankfully stress for me is not perennial, though it can be chronic for some. Reading this has helped me realise that much of our stress can come from the fight between the logical voice in our head and our heart. The author shares several ways to overcome and reduce this type of stress. I’m pondering on the below a little this week:
When your life and success accelerate, you need to up-level.
You can’t keep operating from the same dialogue that worked before. It’s not going to be enough. It’s not going to fit.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!