5 share is here again! It must be close to the weekend I hear you say? Well yes, that’s what Friday does best, apart from 5 Share of course.
1. Quote I’ve been pondering this week “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
2. Donald Rumsfeld wrote a book a few years ago titled Rumsfelds rules (lessons in leadership..) It’s an ok read which I recommend (putting politics aside). In the book he describes his standing desk and ever since, I’ve wanted one myself, especially after reading The End of Illness ,which gives data on sitting down as something that can shorten your life. At Unity where I work, I now have a fabulous desk, one that I can sit down at or at the touch of a button stand at, yay!
3. This week I’ve been experimenting with meditation and music. I still use the Headspace app for the majority of my meditation (highly recommend it) though I’ve found that listening to Cora from the album The last of the Mohicans really sets me up for the rest of my meditation time. Even if you don’t meditate, it’s worth listening to this tune. It can make your hair stand up on end and switch your brain to instant relax mode. Those that have followed me for some time know I use the album The last of the Mohicans as a productivity tool, I still do this multiple times a week when I’m working.
4. Alan Page (who also works at Unity) is one of my favourite people to learn from when it comes to quality, testing and software engineering. He also shares 5 things each Friday, which is awesome and contains useful gems. I’d recommend checking them out: http://angryweasel.com/blog/
5. Lastly, this week I had what is now my favourite toilet encounter ever. On the way into the toilet at the office I bumped into Mike Cooper. He is a person I used to play Counterstrike with many years ago as well as work alongside on games like Harry Potter (where he was part of the production team). More recently he can be found working with Jamie Oliver, and I recommend checking out a few of his videos if you’d like to learn how to make the perfect coffee! https://www.jamieoliver.com/videos/how-to-make-a-latte-mike-cooper/