Yikes, it’s nearly the weekend, hold on tight we’re headed into Autumn.
1. Quote I’m pondering this week “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves and spend without fear of bankruptcy” – Fred De Witt Van Amburgh. I still actively write in my gratitude journal everyday (https://www.intelligentchange.com/products/the-five-minute-journal) and my life is far from perfect (who’s is?) though I make sure to be grateful for the smallest things, they can add up to a wonderful life.
2. Wow, cryptocurrency is starting to go mainstream. Interestingly, many people under 35 are viewing crypto currency as their retirement fund, seeing traditional markets as corrupt and failing us, great article here https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/style/what-is-cryptocurrency.html?mcubz=3
3. A couple of years ago I read the book 10% Happier by Dan Harris. It literally changed me within the course of a week and I’ve never looked back. Recently I started listening to his podcast https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/10-happier-with-dan-harris/id1087147821?mt=2 He has some great guests and I highly recommend it if living life to the full interests you.
4. A few years ago I decided to stop reading magazines, watching the news and filling my life with content decided by corporations. I broke that rule for the last year with just one publication. I’ve been receiving Inc magazine each month, I think it’s worth it. I used to get HBR though it’s a year or 2 behind the times as represents large corporations. Inc is all about startups and its subjects are at the tip of the spear. It’s dirt cheap to subscribe in the USA (just Google it) for those in the UK interested have a look here:
5. Book I’m reading The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni – it’s all about the importance of organisational health, it trumps everything and I agree. It’s a great book. For those that don’t fancy another book in their life you can listen to this 20 minute synopsis that’s pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8JxBfhKyJM