1. Quote I’ve been pondering this week“If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” – John Lennon
2. A colleague at work shared this buzzfeed link. Take a look at the straw holder you never knew existed, along with the correct way to get Tic Tacs out of their box, genius!
3. What I’m reading: Food Rules by Michael Pollen – The New York Times bestseller containing lots of great reminders and principles to follow when it comes to food. Don’t get your fuel from the same place your car does is one of them.
4. It’s nearly Valentines day, that day people send cards anonymously to the one they like. I’m not entirely sure anonymous achieves the desired result? Anyhow, do you know the real history of valentines day? It was pretty wild..in this write up of The Dark Origins Of Valentine’s Day it’s clear we’ve got it easier. So unless you like that sort of thing, thank the card shops and present makers you don’t have to go through what the Romans did.
5. Slippers…No longer the footwear reserved for pensioners or the untrendy. We’ve only got carpets upstairs in Purvis mansions, so it’s essential to have good slippers throughout the winter. Finding Giesswein slippers has been amazing. Now I’ve got a pair I’ll never go back. Forget all those adverts for Mahabis on facebook… Giesswein are the perfect, No.1 slipper out there, they do footwear for both men and women. You’ll thank me once you try them.