1. Quote I’ve been pondering this week “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!‘”- Audrey Hepburn
As part of international women’s day I looked back through the life of Audrey Hepburn, one of the most inspirational women to ever come out of Hollywood. If you haven’t read her life story by Alexander Walker I recommend it.
2. Article I’ve been reading– Found that incredible someone at the wrong time? Got an incredible job offer though can’t move? These and other things like them happen to us now and then. For me, although I’ve found taking control of my life essential, I’m also mellowing on the idea that if something is meant to be then maybe it will be, in its own time. Perhaps the universe is just prepping? Maybe it’s all woo woo? Either way, sometimes it’s worth just enjoying the ride and seeing where the universe takes you.
3. Most impactful purchase – I miss my stand up desk when I’m working from home. So I’ve been experimenting with different setups. I’ve decided on this cardboard one, it’s rough around the edges though perfect for what I need. It’s also under £20 and takes up little to no room when not in use (flat packs down).
4. Favourite drink – Throughout the arctic weather conditions here in the UK we’ve been making this homemade hot chocolate at home. It’s delicious and in the evening we’ve even added a little Irish whiskey to make it tastier! Try it and see (best results are with medjool dates).
5. What I’ve been listening too – While rifling through the attic a couple of weeks ago, I found my lost Kurt Cobain Journals, this book is incredible. He was an often misunderstood genius and ultimately a great poet and musician. So this week I’ve been listening to Nirvana (my most played has been Nirvana unplugged) and enjoying Kurt Cobain’s artwork and writing.